2.- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and/or data storage and recovery devices in terminal equipment (hereinafter "cookies") are text files or archives which a web server downloads and stores on the computer/smartphone/tablet (hereinafter "device") of the user when accessing certain websites for the purpose of storing and recovering information on the user's browsing activities from said device. Cookies can therefore store information about the user's device or browsing sessions on the websites they have visited.
Ultimately, with regard to our platform, cookies are a message sent by the medmesafe server to the device from which the user is browsing the platform. The message consists of text files which are stored in the memory of the user's device and which collect information about the page the user visits and the time the device connected to the internet as well as other data depending on the type of cookie.
The cookies are sent to the medmesafe server every time the user accesses the medmesafe platform. However, in general, cookies cannot read the data which is stored on the device or read the cookie files created by other providers.
3.- WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES THE MEDMESAFE PLATFORM USE?
This section informs users of the type of cookies used by the platform, as well as provide a description of their purpose.
medmesafe uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies: Collection of anonymous browsing information on www.medmesafe.es in order to discover the origin of the visits and other statistical data
- medmesafe cookies: Control the display of the first layer of cookies and the sessions of users who enter their private area
The section below describes how the platform uses the cookies:"
Name Type of cookie Expiration Description and Use
With regard to the cookies which have been listed and described, the user can configure their device's browsing options to enable or disable the storage of cookies or to delete the cookies from their device.
- a) By clicking the ACCEPT box which appears in the information banner at the top of the platform in the first information layer.
In these two instances, the user gives their consent to medmesafe to store and use the types of cookies mentioned in the previous section on the device used by the user to browse the platform.
Most browsers allow users to change the settings for cookies and data storage and recovery devices. These settings are normally found in the "Options" or "Preferences" of the user's browser menu.
The section below offers the user guidance on how to access the cookie settings menu and, where appropriate, enable private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, please contact Microsoft Support or consult the browser's Help section '[https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/windows?os=windows-10]'
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, please contact Mozilla Support or consult the browser's Help section '[https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/]'
- Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings. For more information, please contact Google Support or consult the browser's Help section '[https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en-GB#topic=7438008]'
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, please contact Apple Support or consult the browser's Help section '[https://support.apple.com/en-gb/safari]'
6.- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Cookies are text files which a web server downloads and stores on the user's device when accessing certain websites for the purpose of storing and recovering information on the user's browsing activity from said device. As a general rule, they do not collect personal data.
In order to use the platform prior to registration, as well as make a purchase through the platform, the technical storage or access of the cookies by medmesafe is necessary for the provision of the information society service expressly requested by the user.
Occasionally, we will update these conditions and the cookie and data storage and recovery device policy. Any modification to these conditions will be published on the platform. From the moment medmesafe informs the user of the new conditions through their publication on the platform, they shall replace the ones previously published with regard to applicability. It shall be the responsibility of the user to periodically access these conditions which are published on the platform in order to know the latest version of such conditions at all times.
8.- APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These general conditions are governed by Spanish law. In the event of any litigation which may arise from its interpretation and/or application, the parties shall waive any other jurisdiction and shall submit the matter to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Madrid.
9.- CONTACT US